Vines can be one of the most effective elements in your garden.
There are many other reasons to grow vines. Some like Trumpet Vine and Honeysuckle will attract Hummingbirds while Virginia Creeper and Boston Ivy produce attractive fruit attracting other birds. Many flower profusely like Clematis or Climbing Hydrangea which will tolerate shady locations.
Some of the vine varieties that we usually carry are:
- Bittersweet (Celastrus scandens)
- Boston Ivy (Parthenocissus quinquefolia)
- Climbing Hydrangea (Hydrangea anomala petolaris)
- Dutchman’s Pipe (Aristolochia durior)
- Engleman’s Ivy (Parthenocissus quinquefolia ‘Englemanii’)
- Hardy Kiwi (Actinidia arguta ‘Issai’)
- Honeysuckle (Lonicera)
- Hops (Humulus)
- Porcelain Berry (Ampelopsis brevipedunculata ‘Elegans’))
- Silverlace Vine (Polygonum aubertii)
- Trumpet Vine (Campis radicans)
- Wisteria (Wisteris sinensis)
Keeping vines healthy and vigorous is simply a matter of planting the right variety in the right place and pruning at the right time.